Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Overwhelmed

Ok, right now I'm overwhelmed.  I have so much to do, I can't even find a place to start.  So, Christmas cards will not be coming from us this year.  My apologies to you all that usually get them from us.  I hope to have Happy New Year cards.  Hopefully.

I think the "planning" of all the holidays is getting to me.  I just can't "plan" anything else.  I'm much more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda gal.  (To quote Pretty Woman).  I'd rather wake up in the morning and say to myself, "what do we want to do today?" and then go do it.  Planning my vacation/off time just stresses me out.  Sad, but true.  This probably comes from the fact that I have to plan my weekly day off (Fridays) with all my doctor appointments, hair appointments, and son's appointments, school functions, volunteerism, and so on for months.  I never actually get a "day off" to just be me.  I bet most of you don't either.

The lack of wanting to plan is probably not a good thing to have when you are having to be GF around the rest of the family that isn't GF (but imagining some one of them probably should be, too - after all, Celiac is genetic).  I'll probably plan that toward the end of the week, after I'm finished with my regular stuff - work, day care, family meals, caring for the dog, etc. etc., etc.  Then I'll whip myself into a frenzy wondering why I didn't take care of these things earlier.

And my poor son - was finally overwhelmed by his Celiac disease at the school Christmas party.  He wanted a Christmas cookie so badly...he cried and cried and cried.  We ended up leaving the party early.  We also found out the next day that he had strep throat, so he might not have been feeling so well and that didn't help him to deal with disappointment, either.  Gotta remember to bring the GF cookies to all parties.  Lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment